Pages

    Sunday, March 21, 2010

    The New Born

    The New Born.

    In silence he staggers through an open doorway. In incredulity he slowly runs his tongue over chapped lips. A foreign taste remains. A novel outlook there lingers. A predilection.

    In stillness he peers through an open window. In veneration he stretches his arms wide as to grasp the repose of an untested day. A salty aspiration enters; a piquant aroma looming. An ataraxis.

    Fleeting?

    Semi-permanent?

    Agelong?

    Eternal?

    Beginnings. Gestation. Maturation. Time.

    Destination?

    Guidance, please.

    Revelation.

    Culmination.

    Happiness. Shared. Oneness. Fulfillment.

    - Dragan Alexander


    Regularity.

    I hope you guys like my short poem there. Sometimes I believe that a feeling is best conveyed through a more intimate form of expression.

    It’s a beautiful day today, and I’m feeling great. I’m a little tired, and yet, I feel recharged. My day yesterday was nothing short of incredible. I was able to unwind and have real fun for the first time in a very long time. It was like coming out of a long stretch, sitting back, and feeling the blood rush through your veins again.

    I attribute this “sitting back”, this relaxation, this ataraxis to good times with good people; good friends and new memories. I’m very thankful for the people God has placed in my life who lift me up and provide comforting words and positive counsel. I have without a doubt that people, true friends, such as these will not only receive the same care and concern in return from a very grateful recipient (me) but also heavenly rewards. “When you love, God’s light shines upon you” – Quote taken from Ron Franz from “Into the Wild”

    I feel like I’ve entered into the beginning of the rest of my life – simply stated. I’ve been caught in suspension for many weeks now. I’ve been so wrapped up in my problems that I’ve been unable to raise my eyes to the horizon; unable to look ahead. There are new stars on the horizon line. From my balcony I can see distant glimmers of new experiences; new frontiers. AND feel the light traveling through the darkness, headed strait for my lens to be discovered and made evident in the near future.

    Enough of my metaphors.

    Yesterday I woke up before God even had a chance to hit snooze. We were planning on attending Forty Fest in North Texas, an all day music event BUT God had other plans so it would seem.

    “God said no” – for Hunter.

    So we drove on into Dallas and had a great lunch at The Village Burger Bar (best burgers ever). I’m not sure, but I was told that a few “guys” there were eyeing me the whole time, and The Burger Bar being the kind of place it is, they probably weren’t simply wondering what brand my jacket was if you catch my drift. I guess flattering yet uncomfortably creepy.

    From there we made our way into Mockingbird station where I was somehow able to keep my wallet in my pocket and abstain from purchasing anything. I had a funny situation occur in Buffalo Exchange afterward. - So a few days ago I sold about half of my clothes for $40 to B.E. Upon my return, I found several of my old shirts for sale there for $15-$20 a piece! So apparently B.E. is going to make around a $200-$300 profit off my clothes. Haha

    From there we ventured on over to South Lamar and Opening Bell Coffee Shop where we caught up with an old friend who works there and I attempted to play a guitar with a broken nut – not a good idea when the guitar stays in a constant drop D even when in standard tuning. From Opening Bell – to Campisi’s which I guess would rank around 6 or 7 on my “Best Pizza Ever” scale. One being The Mellow Mushroom in ATX. Two being Homeslice in ATX. And probably three being Alex’s homemade pizza in APT 5305 on the DBU campus.

    After dinner we watched “Into the Wild”; hence my constant quotations as I’ve seen it 3 times in 3 days. It’s such a great movie with such a great message. The music is pretty dang good too. I have to say I probably like Eddie’s compositions on the soundtrack better than the new Pearl Jam album.

    So, there was my day in a few brief paragraphs. Oh yeah, and it snowed……in Dallas……Again.

    Glad I can write. Glad you guys enjoy reading my thoughts sometimes.

    In closing,

    Some people are simply incredible to be around.

    “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” – C.S. Lewis

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment