Pages

    Monday, March 29, 2010

    Today I Am An Abecedarian

    (Kind of a sloppy Blog this morning because I'm tired and still have much studying to do)


    Tomorrow Comes Soon?


    Today I am an abecedarian.

    Today I am a tiro.

    Today I am learned.

    Today I am prime.


    Today I am an aficionado.

    Today I am a devotee.

    Today I am alone.

    Today I am seeking.


    Today I will ameliorate.

    Today I will improve.

    Today I will assay.

    Today I will believe.


    Believe.


    Today I long.

    Today I wait.

    Today I struggle.

    Today I fate.


    Today I pine.

    Today I trust.

    Today I listen.

    Today I must.


    Today I mull.

    Today I muse.

    Today I ponder.

    Today I choose.


    Today I pray.

    Today I heed.

    Today I stutter.


    Tomorrow, she will see.


    There Tomorrow, we will be.


    -Dragan Alexader

    (follow me on Twitter)

    (www.twitter.com/DraganAlexander)


    He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven


    “Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

    Enwrought with golden and silver light,

    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

    Of night and light and the half-light,

    I would spread the cloths under your feet:

    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

    I have spread my dreams under your feet;

    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.”


    - William Butler Yeats


    Thoughts and Reflection


    Such a beautiful passage. This particular piece struck home with me this week. To whom the author was addressing, I know not. I do personally believe he must have felt a great deal of love and devotion to have put to words such a feeling that I have often found difficult to express. I know the feeling very well. I hope that in the future, I'll have much more to offer than simply my dreams, although ones dreams and ambitions ARE in fact one of the greatest gifts to give to another; not to give up on ones dreams but to include another in their unfolding. I must say that my own dreams and ambitions are an extreme driving force in my own life and I long to share them with another one day soon. I pray each day now for a revelation in my own life. I pray each day now for true and unwavering love. Make no mistake my friends, love is very real. I believe whole heartedly that Mr. Lennon had it right when he said, "Love is all you need". Such a simplistic and yet profound statement. Thanks much John.


    And now for some truly great new musics.


    Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Goodnight Rose



    Ryan Adams and Neal Casal - Let It Ride


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment