Pages

    Saturday, April 17, 2010

    Imperfection is Everyone (But never an excuse)

    I'm being constantly reminded of the frailty and imperfection of the human mold. I can forever "strive" to be a "good" person, and yet I will never achieve "goodness". I will never be "Christlike". My revelation, however, has been that, though I will never achieve perfection, I must still give my all in and to those things and people I care about most, and I must always "strive" to be like Him. This battle will never be won. This battle will be ongoing. This battle will be all consuming. But I must persevere.

    I want to share with you guys the lyrics to an unreleased Dewinter song in which I feel addresses this subject somewhat. I do know that when I wrote them, I was feeling inadequate and questioning a lot of things about what I believed. There is a freedom in questioning. The important thing to remember is to be extremely guarded while you are doing so. . I wish we could have had the chance to play it live but I'll settle for the release of the lyrics in this blog.

    Dewinter - The Same Conditions

    Can we truly know
    Where do we all go?
    And is our self control
    out of our control?

    The questions burning deep inside our souls
    Are the same conditions of the human mold.

    I want to know precisely what occurred.
    Are love and fate and God all different words?
    I want to know the answers arn't all blurred.
    I want to speak the truth and to be heard.

    The questions burning deep within our souls
    Are the same conditions of the human mold.
    All the pieces of the lives you used to know
    Are the symptoms of a search for something more.

    I want to know the secrets of our past.
    I want to make new friendships that will last.
    I want to work to heal this broken world.
    I want to cross the bridge from man to love.

    The questions burning deep within our souls
    Are the same conditions of the human mold.
    All the pieces of the lives you used to know
    Are the symptoms of a search for something more.

    My revelation of said imperfection and the "human condition" has been a source of I guess you could say understanding. In being able to better understand the reality of our imperfection I have been better able to sympathize with and forgive others, even those who have truly hurt and wronged me. My greatest, I guess you could say, tool in this type of thinking is to do everything I can to view others through "His" eyes rather than my own. This is an extremely difficult task BECAUSE of our imperfections. It is human nature to hold grudges, to lash out, to be cruel, to be unforgiving, and to avoid resolution. These are imperfections as well. With that stated revelation I am able to sympathize not only with those who have done harm but also those who have been wronged and feel too wounded to offer up forgiveness just yet.

    Our imperfections are, however, NOT an excuse to our "less than perfect" behavior if that makes any sense at all. There are too many people who live in a state of mind that, simply stated, is, "Oh, well because I'm imperfect I don't have to or need to strive to do the things I know are right. I don't have to strive for perfection because I know I will never be perfect.". This type of thinking in nothing more than an age old human excuse placed in our minds by the enemy.

    Though we may never be perfect, it is important to strive for perfection. It is important to view others in a loving manner rather than in a "human" manner.

    Though imperfection is a real revelation, it is NEVER an excuse and should NEVER be a comfort designed to excuse us from guilt or consequence. It is simply a revelation that can be given that can aid us in making better decisions in regards to our human relationships. Make no mistake my friends, forgiveness and love are things of God. In our quest and struggle to be the best kind of people, we must realize these truths an act upon our beliefs. These are the things I believe.

    I want to strive to show love to all. I hope that when I'm not around anymore that it can be said about me that I was steadfast and that I never ceased to show or give love.

    On the topic of love. huh I came across a wonderful piece of poetry this morning in a book I've been reading. I would like to share it with you all.

    i have found what you are like
    the rain,

    (Who feathers frightened fields
    with the superior dust-of-sleep. wields

    easily the pale club of the wind
    and swirled justly souls of flower strike

    the air in utterable coolness

    deeds of green thrilling light
    with thinned

    newfragile yellows

    lurch and.press

    -in the woods
    which
    stutter
    and

    sing

    And the coolness of your smile is
    stirringofbirds between my arms;but
    i should rather than anything
    have(almost when hugeness will shut
    quietly)almost,
    your kiss

    - E.E. Cummings

    143

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment