Pages

    Friday, June 11, 2010

    The Explorer

    The Explorer


    There was a whisper of despondency betwixt my heart and lungs.

    I called for peace and understanding when I thought I would find none.

    My silent tearful screams of drunken pain rang louder than my art.

    My fundamental flaws forbade then called the Saul within my heart.


    Will I find You in the winter cold, in snow and freezing rain,

    or in the warmth of friends and fires long of music and refrain?

    Will I find You in the summer sun, in rays of golden light;

    in cloudless days of blissful daze; oh, wordless wonder of the sky?


    There were intrepid beating fickle fragments clinging to my veins.

    I called for stillness, safe and somber; shy of emptiness and blame.

    My trying soul could not sustain the farce of "time will heal the pain".

    But then again I felt my mind go numb as sorrow was replaced.


    Will I find You in the springtime bloom, in blossoms bursting free,

    or in the placid tones of bub'ling brooks in vernal symphony?

    Will I find You in the autumn chill, in brown and crimson song;

    in gentle breeze of passing leaves that blows in soothing calm?


    Where therein lay a hopeful joy or gleeful promise of reprise

    I'll be responsive and a tenant of potential and surprise.

    When repetition snakes it's hand within my reestablished charge

    I'll be a stormy sieve of novel deeds that seeks to bring new start.


    Will I find You in the natural laws that guide our hearts and minds,

    or in restrictive sights and sounds made null by human ears and eyes?

    Will I find You in this lifetime long; in temp'rate search for signs above,

    or will I find You in my hopeful search for real and worthwhile love?


    - Dragan Alexander

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment